Wednesday 18 April 2007

A definition of happiness...

I open the door and gaze at the world. Sunrise is in its middle stages…its half-light, half-dark…the world is blue.

Early morning, and people haven’t left their warm beds yet. All is quiet...except for the sound of the rain.

As I stand there, I close my eyes and listen to the sound of water drops as they gently hit the ground. That beautiful musical sound that no instrument can produce. I inhale deeply…the smell of the rain…a scent that no perfume can compare to.

Slowly, one by one, every muscle in my body starts to unwind…every nerve starts to relax…every worry is diminished…every pain is numbed…thoughts are pushed to the back of my mind…I am being hypnotized.

I open my eyes and look down…I smile.

A little tabby cat is standing at my feet. Its emerald green eyes gazing into mine. I see its small body shivering as it tries to keep out of the rain. It doesn’t make a sound…just sits there near my feet...pleading with its mesmerizing eyes.

I bend down and pick it up. It snuggles against my neck and chest as I hold it close to me. Its shivering little body seeking the warmth of mine. I stroke its head gently and whisper into its ear. I stand there for a while…holding the cat…stroking it…and listening to the rain.

After a while, I put the cat back down on the ground and I step outside. The first few cold rain drops are a shock to my senses. I gasp…and step out further.

The rain hits my head…trickling softly into my hair…a gentle massage…

More rain hits the bare skin on my face, neck, and arms sending shock waves to every nerve in my body. Soon, I am soaked. I close my eyes once again and lift my face up to the sky. The feeling of the rain against my closed eye lids, my cheeks, my lips…is pure delight.

The sound of gentle laughter escapes from between my lips.

This is bliss…I am in heaven.

Reality hits me and I open my eyes. I am drenched with water. My body is shaking from head to toe. I am freezing cold! I try to control the shivering, but my body mechanism is stronger than my will. I have no choice…I rush back inside.

I dry myself and change my clothes…but I am still very cold. I go downstairs seeking the warmth of the fire-place. I find HIM there…

He is sat close to the fire…facing the window…a tender, amused smile on his face. I realize that he witnessed my moments of madness and heat rushes to my face…I blush!

He lifts his arm up and holds out his hand to me. I walk slowly towards him and I shyly place my hand in his. His fingers close around mine as he pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my body protectively.

I forget the meaning of the word ‘cold’…

At that moment, I feel a delicate stroke against my feet. I glance down to see the small tabby cat…I smile. We sit there in silence…and listen to the sound of the rain…

This is the definition of happiness for me.

20 comments:

A. Damluji said...

Very niiiiiice! :D
two things:
First:

if "you" are inside when you first woke up, how can you find a cat shivering in the rain? either she (HE i guess ;) ) would have to be inside, or You would have to have been outside to begin with.. hmm

Second:

Can i add you to my blog-list?

p.s. Word-verification will prove VERY necessary once you start getting more readers.

ahmed said...

No you're not a year older, you're 85, i persume? (d'uh! why would you name your blog huda85 else for?)

ahmed said...

oh and don't listen to the nerd, you can go on without word verification just fine - i get twice the hits he gets and i've had no problems so far :D

Kitten said...

Anarki...

4 things:

1) Thank You
2) If you go back and read again, i start it off by saying "I open the door and gaze at the world"...as in i open my front door so im standing on my doorstep INSIDE..yet the outside is milimeters away...get me?
3) You have permission to add me :p
4) Havent a clue what word-verification is or how to add it or what significance it has! so i think i'll pass thank u...lol

Kitten said...

konfused kid...

DAMN! i didnt think any1 would pick up on that fact!!! ur just too clever and sharp i suppose...:p

lol...its just huda85 looked better than huda1985...

A. Damluji said...

ahhhh.. the very first line.. THATs how i missed it.. :D nevermind! oh, and you are added :)

zmanutdz said...

Very nice. Really love it :D.
Does huda85 is one hell of a riddle to solve. Konfused, quite impressed with your deciphering skills ,lol. Did you solve the ' huda ' part yet? We can work on it together :P.

Kitten said...

looool! dont help him out too much zmanutdz...let him try to figure it out :p

oh and thank u for ur sweet words...

ahmed said...

ManUtd, I was just getting to that, I've been looking everywhere for the 'huda' part, i've already used about several deciphering algorithms, it was in Quran, so i even asked a few homey sheikhs about it. i'm close, anytime soon.

zmanutdz said...

I am consulting ' Enigma ' in case we need some computerised WW machinery in deciphering, tell me when you need help,lol.

Caesar of Pentra said...

Er, .. um,.. Wow! That posting is awesome! I mean, it's very sentimental!
Bravo, kitty! Keep up the good work!

Kitten said...

Thank you Caesar :)

Bruno said...

Hi Kitten, I just wanted to congratulate you on the very interesting scenes you wrote. The trick now is to extend your talent into something the size of a book. Even a small book. You could definitely do something with your skill.

Kitten said...

ehm..im getting all shy!

Thanks bruno :)

I have wrote longer stories but the problem is none r finished..i get half way through and i get bored and i start a differnt one.
maybe one day, i'll actually sit down and complete one of them...who knows...:)

ahmed said...

A few words about your comments on my friend Casear's blog:

Kitten, i completely understand your point of view, yes as you can see we are not very good Muslims as we should be and people like Pentra here are only Muslims by name (I am too, but I am trying to be a little more religious every once in a while, haven't really cemented yet.) I've known Pentra for 3, 4? years and I can safely say that his whole life is focused upon meeting that beautiful lady and having terrifiying sexual love with her. There are a lot of boys like Pentra in our society, some respect customs, other religion, some try to break free like he is trying to do here. Everyone must be free to respect each other's opinion. Yes you tend to take the traditional point of view but Ceasar is the more liberal kind. Cha shinsaweela ya3ni el walad.

Caesar of Pentra said...

Thanks, Kittie!
I beg your pardon to wait for my reply a lil' bit more. I'm on a hurry now!
Cheers!

Kitten said...

well uv just impressed me with ur polite manners so i suppose i can let u off :p

i'll wait ya mr...take ur time :)

Caesar of Pentra said...

Well, thanks alot for giving me a break!
Now go to my blogsite and read my last posting, please!

Kitten said...

Gulp...!!!

A. Damluji said...

let me share with you TWO things that recently made me very happy (and wasted as well)

1) Not Pron

2) Human Slinky